Home > News > Nation
Monday August 4, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Monday August 4, 2014 MYT 7:57:19 AM
KUALA LUMPUR: The operation Ops Titik by the Domestic Trade, Cooperatives and Consumerism Ministry has recorded 304 cases of fuel sale abuses as at last Thursday
Minister Datuk Seri Hasan Malek said an integrated operation together with a special team from the Attorney-General’s Chambers had carried out 12,481 checks to identify areas where the abuses had been most rampant.
“All those involved in abusing the subsidised petroleum products are being investigated under the Control of Supplies Act 1961 and some of them have been charged in court,” he said in a statement here yesterday.
Ops Titik, which began on May 15, would continue until Dec 31, Hasan said. — Bernama
Tags / Keywords:
Government, Ops Titik
Diesel smuggler flees ambush
Ministry going all out to curb abuse of subsidised diesel
Ships can no longer refuel at private jetties
Short-term move to contain diesel smuggling
Nowhere is safe, smugglers warned
KitaLawan rally ends incident-free
Photo Gallery: Final Farewell to Lee Kuan Yew
Khalid Samad released over #KitaLawan rally
Nestlé rewards consumers with biggest promotion ever
The great South Australian adventure
Living away from Malaysia can trigger a lot of different longings
Consumers likely to hold back on purchase due to GST, say developers
Earth Hour: What is the carbon footprint of an e-mail?
Australia need 184 to win World Cup
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)