Home > News > Nation
Friday July 18, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Friday July 18, 2014 MYT 7:27:42 AM
KUALA TERENGGANU: A midnight-to-dawn curfew in the east coast of Sabah will be enforced as soon as possible, Home Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said.
“The Home Ministry, police and the Eastern Sabah Security Command (Esscom) have agreed to enforce the curfew at several ‘hot spots’ there.
“We are ironing out the details and standard operating procedures for the curfew,’’ he said.
“I, the Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar or the Sabah Chief Minister (Datuk Seri Musa Aman) will sign the authorisation,” said Dr Ahmad Zahid at a buka puasa function with Terengganu Home Ministry staff here yesterday.
He said four hot spots had been identified but did not name them.
Khalid had said earlier that the east coast areas of Sandakan, Kunak, Lahad Datu and Semporna were considered hot spots.
The curfew was mooted following an armed attack on a marine police team which saw Kpl Abdul Rajah Jamuan killed and Kons Zakiah Aleip kidnapped.
Dr Ahmad Zahid said the Government would not entertain the purported “10 million ransom” demand made by Kons Zakiah’s abductors to secure the policeman’s release.
“They said 10 million, but did not specify if it was in pesos, ringgit or US dollars. But we will not entertain their ransom demand.”
Tags / Keywords:
Government, Ahmad Zahid Hamidi, stay indoors, sabah, Pulau Mabul, Mabul island, Mabul Water Bungalows Resort
The line is clear at Line Clear nasi kandar
Home sweet tome at Bookerville Facstory
Najib: Govt to act against economic saboteurs
Mum jailed over fatal child abuse
Dynamic and Stylish BMW X1
Healthy living in the heart of Ampang
Laird two ahead at Phoenix Open, Woods shoots 82
Locked up in Budapest for fun
Eyeglasses convert to sunglasses upon command
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)