Home > News > Nation
Monday June 16, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Monday June 16, 2014 MYT 10:56:03 AM
Prime Minister Datuk Sri Najib Tun Razak
PETALING JAYA: Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak has reiterated Malaysia’s commitment to continue searching for Flight MH370.
“On this 100th day since MH370 went missing ... Malaysia remains committed to the search effort,” he said on Twitter yesterday on the Beijing-bound flight which vanished on March 8.
Malaysia Airlines chief executive officer Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said MAS would continue to support the next-of-kin and the search operations.
He said it had been the longest and most painful 100 days in MAS’ history since the disappearance of the aircraft.
“We feel the families’ anguish, and like them, MAS continues to hope and seek answers that will bring us closer to finding out what happened to MH370,” he said in a statement.
Ahmad Jauhari said MAS’ thoughts and prayers remained with the families of the 239 people on board the flight.
“We feel the families’ pain, we miss our colleagues and friends on board MH370,” he said.
The search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 will continue to get 100% focus from the Australian Joint Agency Coordination Centre (JACC) despite the “complexities” surrounding the search.
“The search remains a highly complex operation that involves vast areas of ocean with only limited known data and aircraft flight information.
“All the evidence – based on independent analysis of satellite, radar and aircraft performance data from many international experts – indicates the aircraft entered the sea close to a long but narrow arc in the southern Indian Ocean,” the JACC said in an e-mail.
That arc had been the focus of the search efforts since late March.
“All future search operations will continue to take place in localised areas of the arc,” it said.
In a previous statement, JACC explained that bathymetric survey would provide crucial information to help plan the deep water search for MH370, which is scheduled to begin in August.
“The Australian Transport Safety Bureau (ATSB) is coordinating the underwater search phase for MH370. This is expected to take up to 12 months to complete a search area of up to 60,000 sq km,” said JACC.
We don't want money but we want proof, says bank worker's family
Missing Iranian's mum suffering 'slow death'
Crew member's wife going through challenging times
Members of reward project want to find out the truth
'No one took airport banter seriously'
Forlorn families of Chinese passengers keep in touch over social media sites
Tags / Keywords:
Transport Safety, JACC, MH370
Indonesia AirAsia: Search resumes after two days' break for 86 still missing
Bomba come to injured tapir's rescue
Sharifah still waiting for kidnapped husband's homecoming
Photo Gallery The week in pictures
Dynamic and Stylish BMW X1
Healthy living in the heart of Ampang
We all need a friend to lean on sometime
Delhi Uber passenger who alleges driver rape sues in US
‘Como’ over to this lake in Italy
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)