Home > News > Nation
Monday June 2, 2014 MYT 11:13:00 PM
Monday June 2, 2014 MYT 11:33:34 PM
by g.c. tan
SUNGAI PETANI: A four-year-old boy choked to death after eating a fishball which he had taken from his mother.
The incident occurred at about 4pm Monday at the boy’s relative’s house at Resort Home in Persiaran Cinta Sayang here.
It is learnt that the deceased, identified as Lim Wei Kiat, ate the fishball, which was the size of a 50 sen coin, in a hurried manner.
A relative, identified only as Wong, rushed the child to the Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital for emergency treatment where he died three hours later from oxygen deprivation.
It is understood that medical assistants at the hospital’s emergency unit attempted to carry out emergency rescue procedures to save the boy but were unsuccessful.
Tags / Keywords:
Courts & Crime, sudden death, four-year-old boy, choke, fishball
Court of Appeal allows AG’s Chambers to act as intervener in Deepa custody case
Riau court jails and fines Malaysian plantation manager over forest fires
Court order compelling IGP timely, say groups
Court orders IGP to arrest Indira Gandhi’s ex-hubby and find child
Woman accused of killing hubby freed
PAS muktamar: Party will decline Selangor MB post if offered, says Mat Sabu
Casting their nets
Report: Cops seek witnesses into death of Malaysian ‘little angel’ at Royal Adelaide Show
PAS muktamar: IS doesn't understand jihad, says Hadi
Woman on social media claims to be Malaysian doctor married to IS militant
A part of RM26mil hot terror money was sent to Malaysia, The Australian reports
Auctioning pieces of history
A celebration of all things pizza – in its spiritual home
U.N. to deploy Ebola mission as death toll reaches 2,630
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)