Home > News > Nation
Monday June 2, 2014 MYT 11:13:00 PM
Monday June 2, 2014 MYT 11:33:34 PM
by g.c. tan
SUNGAI PETANI: A four-year-old boy choked to death after eating a fishball which he had taken from his mother.
The incident occurred at about 4pm Monday at the boy’s relative’s house at Resort Home in Persiaran Cinta Sayang here.
It is learnt that the deceased, identified as Lim Wei Kiat, ate the fishball, which was the size of a 50 sen coin, in a hurried manner.
A relative, identified only as Wong, rushed the child to the Sultan Abdul Halim Hospital for emergency treatment where he died three hours later from oxygen deprivation.
It is understood that medical assistants at the hospital’s emergency unit attempted to carry out emergency rescue procedures to save the boy but were unsuccessful.
Tags / Keywords:
Courts Crime, sudden death, four year old boy, choke, fishball
Husband and wife found dead in their home
Student was seeking psychiatric help
High Court fixes Aug 12 for case management on Jill Ireland application
Man escapes gallows after Federal Court acquits him of drug-trafficking charges
Malaysian woman sentenced to six weeks' jail for stealing Singapore casino chips
Mat Sabu: 'New' Pakatan will rise after Raya
Review BTN, says Saifuddin
Khairy backs Najib's decision to take legal action against WSJ
Saifuddin: Najib should go on television to explain allegations
Celebrate Raya in style with GEMFIVE
The 3 unexpected life events that leave us in debt
Australia's Harris announces shock retirement
Airbnb-style listings surpass hotel rooms in Spain: study
50 students compete in three-on-three basketball contest
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)