Home > News > Nation
Sunday May 25, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Sunday May 25, 2014 MYT 7:52:58 AM
PUTRAJAYA: Promotional activities in China for Visit Malaysia Year 2014 will resume after Datuk Seri Najib Razak returns from a visit to that country, says Malaysia Tourism Promotion Board director-general Datuk Mirza Mohammad Taiyab.
“After our Prime Minister’s trip, we want to do much more than was done previously,” he said after launching the Youth Tourism Carnival here yesterday.
Mirza said after the MH370 incident, VMY campaigns were slowed down in Beijing whereas in other parts of China, such as Guangzhou, promotional activities were ongoing albeit at a lower key.
On the recent kidnapping incidents in Sabah, Mirza said the number of tourists visiting Malaysia was still good.
“There is still some caution, especially in the eastern coast of Sabah, but our figures are still good. We are working to ensure tourists that it is safe to visit the area,” Mirza added.
Mirza said although eastern Sabah’s tourist attractions, such as Sipadan island were world-famous, it had only limited facilities for tourists.
“You can only have 120 divers a day.”
Tags / Keywords:
Politics, Tourism, malaysia, china
MILF chief: I’m still committed to peace process
Sacked police chief tells why ops to nab Marwan kept secret
MH370: DCA to provide updates on missing plane today
MIC: Things will go out of control, says Muhyiddin
Plenty of great fun and adventure pursuits in Adelaide
Healthy living in the heart of Ampang
For that special celebration
Reliance Travel’s promotional contest
French composer Alexandre Desplat has a new rival: himself!
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)