Home > News > Nation
Tuesday May 20, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Tuesday May 20, 2014 MYT 7:36:20 AM
KUALA LUMPUR: Police are looking for a group of men who allegedly provoked and attacked media personnel during the Anti-GST rally recently.
City CID Chief Senior Asst Gan Kong Meng said since police released their photographs to the media last week, no one had come forward.
“We are now tracing their identities and will bring them in to help with investigations,” he said when contacted yesterday.
It was reported on May 15 that police released the pictures of 11 men in connection with the attack on media photographers and videographers during the Anti-GST rally recently.
Following investigations, a group of about 20 to 30 people dressed in black entered the gathering point and began provoking the media personnel at around 5pm.
The group attacked two media personnel from Oriental Daily and The Malaysia Reserve.
The case is being investigated as rioting under Section 147 of the Penal Code which carries two years jail or a fine or both upon conviction.
Those involved or who have information on the incident to contact the police hotline at 03-2115 9999 or investigating officer Asst Supt Ananthan Rajoo at 03-2697 7099.
Tags / Keywords:
Courts Crime, anti gst, police, protestors, provocation, media personnel
Police on the hunt for two men who robbed 3 Moroccan tourists
Cops shoot two men who attacked them in separate incidents
It's women who coax men to seek help for 'manhood problems'
All exits cut off in hunt for seven who raided farm
NUJ slams attacks on journalists covering vigils
Zahid slams banner vandal
Palanivel calls protesters troublemakers, downplays incident
Son: Ani a cool but strict dad
1,600 'pandas' arrive in Malaysia
Ladies, time to stand up and fight for your man
Looking out for your ears
Marseille head into break as leaders after beating Lille
Spa Village Pangkor Laut wins “Men’s Spa of the Year”
Amazon.com offers one-hour delivery in Manhattan
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)