Home > News > Nation
Tuesday May 6, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Tuesday May 6, 2014 MYT 11:26:49 AM
PUTRAJAYA: Malaysia will continue the search for Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370 that has been missing since March 8, stressed Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak.
The country would carry on with the search with the assistance of other countries despite having nothing to show so far.
“The Government is determined to continue with the search with the cooperation of friendly countries, particularly Australia, which has shown extraordinary commitment to help Malaysia find our aircraft,” he said at the Prime Minister’s Department monthly assembly here yesterday.
Najib said the disappearance of the Boeing 777-200 aircraft was unprecedented in the history of aviation as the aircraft’s telecommunications system had been shut off.
“The search as well as the assistance and cooperation from other countries are unprecedented,” he said.
Flight MH370 went missing on March 8 with 227 passengers and 12 crew members on board flying from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.
MH370 search to enter new phase
Tags / Keywords:
Government, Transport Safety, najib razak, MH370, Malaysia Airlines, Missing flight
Najib: Fitch upgrade a reflection of Govt's economic policies
Najib: Medical tourism expected to rake in RM1bil this year
Malaysia to reiterate calls for greater aviation safety
Better incentive package for SMEs
MH370: One vessel quits search, two others pause to re-supply
Home Ministry issues show-cause letter to The Edge over 1MDB reports
Food getting pricier at Ramadan bazaars
CWC meetings chaired by Subra invalid, claims Sothi
Nazri: If I'm 'empty up there', so are three former PMs
Celebrate Raya in style with GEMFIVE
The 3 unexpected life events that leave us in debt
Gearing up for the jungle
LBU signs MoU to deliver Sarawak highway project
Paying off Greece's debt via crowd-funding
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)