Home > News > Nation
Thursday April 24, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Thursday April 24, 2014 MYT 7:08:27 AM
by zazali musa
Together in death: Pow and Kong died on the way to hospital.
MUAR: A couple died after both were suspected of consuming poison at their home in Bukit Gambir near here.
Ledang district police chief Supt Mohd Salleh Razak said they rushed to the couple’s single-storey house in Jalan Poi Ai after receiving a tip-off at about 10am yesterday.
“We found them unconscious,” he said.
Contractor Pow Kim Chuan, 49, and his wife Kong Yeng Peng, 45, died on the way to the Sultanah Fatimah Specialist Hospital here.
“We believe they had a heated argument earlier,” he said, adding that the couple’s two daughters, aged 20 and 25, and their 18-year-old son were not at home.
“We have classified the case as sudden death and are still waiting for the post-mortem report.”
Neighbours interviewed by the police said they did not hear any noise or commotion coming from the house.
Several neighbours met by the media said the couple were “good and friendly” and did not seem to have financial or any other problems.
“The family has stayed here for 10 years and being a close-knit neighbourhood people here know each other,” said a woman, who declined to be named.
Tags / Keywords:
Courts Crime, poison, domestic squabbles, Ledang OCPD, couple, neighbours
Couple burnt to death after car crashes into bus
Couple dies in fire after row
Worrying trend of Muslim couples taking loans for weddings
Couple safe but child missing after car skids into river
Couple bags Euro dream – 26 years after marriage
Two killed in LRT accident (Update)
I’m in charge, says Muhyiddin
Floods: PM directs aid efforts to be intensified
Floods: MCA sends aid
Ladies, time to stand up and fight for your man
Looking out for your ears
MAS hits century with Boeing 737
Facebook must face lawsuit over scanning of users' messages
Toure on target for fourth straight African honour
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)