Home > News > Nation
Monday April 21, 2014 MYT 3:44:00 PM
Monday April 21, 2014 MYT 3:45:41 PM
KUALA LUMPUR: The Government has not determined the overall cost of the search and recovery operation for the Malaysia Airlines (MAS) flight MH370 which went missing on March 8, the Dewan Negara was informed here Monday.
Deputy Transport Minister Datuk Ab Aziz Kaprawi said the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) required every country to provide search and rescue services within their jurisdiction under Annex 12 of the Chicago Convention 1994.
This meant that the SAR cost would be shared by all the countries involved, he said to a question from Senator Rohani Abdullah on the cost of the operation so far.
“So far 26 countries, 89 aircraft, 80 ships, several satellites, a submarine and an autonomous underwater vehicle have been involved in the operation,” he added.
The search is now focused at the southern Indian Ocean, south west of Perth, Australia.
MH370 with 239 people aboard left the KL International Airport at 12.41am on March 8 and disappeared from radar screens about an hour later while over the South China Sea. It was to have arrived in Beijing at 6.30am the same day.
A multinational search was mounted for the Boeing 777-200 aircraft, first in the South China Sea and then, after it was learnt that the plane had veered off course, in the southern Indian Ocean.
Tags / Keywords:
MH370, missing flight, Malaysia Airlines
Dengue cases take turn for the worse
Government loses suit to Bersih over property damage
Five-year-old fell calling out for his sister
MCA: Alcohol sale ban in 7-11 outlets will lead to ethnic segregation
Dynamic and Stylish BMW X1
Healthy living in the heart of Ampang
Politics, mobile overshadow Alibaba's fairy-tale run
Electrical retail chain sponsors 50 customers for trip to Chengdu, China
Woods struggles as Palmer sets pace in Phoenix
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)