Home > News > Nation
Tuesday March 25, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Tuesday March 25, 2014 MYT 9:50:08 AM
KUALA LUMPUR: Acting Transport Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein has given his promise that the search for the Flight MH370 will continue despite it having ended in the southern Indian Ocean.
“Words just cannot describe how I feel tonight.
“But I promise you, especially the families of all the passengers, that the search continues,” he said on Twitter.
Hishammuddin also called for the privacy of the families of passengers and crew of the jetliner to be respected following the announcement by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak that the Boeing 777 had ended its flight in the southern Indian Ocean.
“In these times of grief, I urge the public to give the family members some space, respect their privacy,” he said.
He added: “I truly understand there are no words which can console the family members of MH370. The whole world is with you in these difficult times.”
At 10pm last night, Najib had announced that British investigators from its UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch (AAIB) have confirmed that the Malaysian Airlines Flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean.
Earlier, Hishammuddin had met lawmakers in Parliament for the first time since the plane disappeared 18 days ago.
Hishammuddin, who is also Defence Minister, faced a barrage of questions from Opposition MPs who claimed that there had been an initial delay and lack of coordination by local authorities.
However, he answered the questions calmly, saying that the Government had been transparent and that it had followed international standard operating procedures on the search and rescue operation.
Tags / Keywords:
Government, Parliament, MAS flight, KL, Beijing, missing flight, MH370
MH370: Search for missing plane to continue, says Hishammuddin
Missing MH370: US Navy to deploy P-8A Poseidon aircraft for search mission
Govt to continue search for missing MH370, says Hisham
Missing MH370: AMSA deploy six aircraft for search today
Missing MH370: 13 days and counting; the longest-ever search operation for a commercial aircraft
Pairin accepts post on illegals panel
Blame it on the moon, too
MCA’s squad to help those affected
Humanitarian body sends relief workers, The Star joins efforts
Ladies, time to stand up and fight for your man
Looking out for your ears
Tourists stranded at Taman Negara recall nerve-wracking experience
Terbaik dari langit
Elgar composes another big score on favourite stage
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)