Home > News > Nation
Friday March 21, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Friday March 21, 2014 MYT 8:56:58 AM
PETALING JAYA: Images of possible debris from the missing MH370 plane that was captured on Sunday could not have moved far from where they were originally taken, said former Malaysian Maritime Search and Rescue department chief Datuk Kapt Jaffar Lamri.
He explained that floating objects tend not to move much in the sea.
“If it’s floating, it shouldn’t be that far from the spot.
“It should be within the area where the image was taken,” he said.
Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott (pic) said that two objects possibly linked to the missing plane had been sighted on satellite in the remote southern Indian Ocean.
Abbott said the “new and credible information” had come to light nearly two weeks after the plane disappeared en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 passengers and crew on board.
“Searching for the wreckage would be a different story and could take years,” said Kapt Jaffar.
“The object would have sunk by now and finding it would be a totally different story,” he said.
“At least finding the debris is a start,” he added.
Tags / Keywords:
Courts Crime, maritime search, MAS flight, KL, Beijing, missing flight, MH370
Income tax can now be paid through credit and debit cards
Flexi-work hours lure
Seven NGOs urge cops, MACC to probe FB, YouTube insults
100 companies fined over GST deadline breach
Malaysians abroad share how they celebrate our local festivals
8 Incredible food and wine adventures you can do in Australia!
Residents get to feast and mingle at CNY open houses
Eating Out For Under RM30: Hui Chow
Web Wanders: Fan vs filmmaker
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)