Home > News > Nation
Monday March 3, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Monday March 3, 2014 MYT 8:37:34 AM
PUTRAJAYA: A family enjoying their dinner at the Putrajaya Lake Club had a rude shock when a vertically-mounted panel made of glass shattered and fell onto their table.
Nurfatin Hamimah, 30, and her husband had stopped there for dinner after picking up her mother from the Low-Cost Carrier Terminal in Sepang.
Their one-year-old son was also with them – seated in a toddler chair.
“Luckily, I was holding him when the glass fell from a height of about 5m. We would not have gotten away as quickly if he was in his chair,” said Nurfatin, an executive with an oil and gas firm.
Nurfatin said her husband was finishing his dinner at about 9pm when he noticed small glass fragments falling just beside them.
“At first he told me to sit further away. A few seconds later, some glass bits fell on him and all of us ran away from the table.
“Then, a large piece of glass fell right onto our table. If we had stayed there a second longer, we would have been hurt,” she said.
Although showered with glass fragments, none in the family was injured. However, the incident left Nurfatin’s mother in a state of shock.
Nurfatin added that a patron at the next table was injured on the leg.
When Nurfatin’s husband spoke to the club manager, he apologised and recommended that the family seek medical check-up.
Meanwhile, a Putrajaya Corporation spokesman said enforcement officers had been sent to inspect the damage.
Tags / Keywords:
Nation, Courts & Crime, putrajaya lake club
Lights show accompanies floral parade
After travelling 11,000km seniors fail to get visa into Saudi Arabia
Families of MH370 passengers hope for closure
Facebook puppy love turns deadly
Ban on non-locals as main cooks of hawker food in Penang will begin in 2016
MDDB organises puppies, dog adoption project
Organiser of "I Want to Touch a Dog" event apologises for furore caused by event
Firefly to increase JB-Ipoh flights from Nov 1
Need to be sure your chocolate's pork free? You want the 'Halal Test' kit
'Clever' Japan firm donates high-tech masks for Ebola fight
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)