Home > News > Nation
Monday March 3, 2014 MYT 8:14:00 PM
Monday March 3, 2014 MYT 10:13:22 PM
KUALA TERENGGANU: A five-year-old boy is believed to have died from food poisoning after he ate food bought from a ‘pasar malam’ (night market) here last Saturday.
The victim, Muhammad Iqbal Rafie Mohd Ilme, died at 1pm on Monday while being rushed to seek further treatment at the Sultanah Nur Zahirah (HSNZ) Hospital here.
According to his mother, Siti Zuriana Mohd Yusoff, 28, at about 6.30pm on Saturday, her only child had gone to the pasar malam with her husband and bought fried chicken, fried rice and yam juice.
She said her son and husband, Mohd Ilme Mat Adam, 31, were the only ones who ate the food as soon as they reached home at Bukit Payung, Marang.
"Yesterday morning, about 7am, they both complained of stomach pains and diarrhea before seeking treatment at the Bukit Payong Health Clinic which gave them medicine.
"However, as soon as they reached the clinic, my son became weaker and had to be given breathing assistance before being sent to the hospital," she told reporters when met at the hospital's mortuary.
She said that he died on the way to the hospital while her husband, who is attached to the army at the Padang Midin camp, was still weak and unwell.
Meanwhile, Muhammad Pehimi, the state executive councillor in charge for health, said the committee had initiated a probe and was awaiting the medical reports and would take the appropriate action if it was found that the boy's death was due to food poisoning. - Bernama
Tags / Keywords:
Food poisoning, Death, Boy, Pasar Malam
Woman killed in multi-vehicle collision along Jalan Cheras Baru
Super cop Yuet Leng laid to rest with full police honours
Crane operator killed in Penang
Sanjeevan claims to have received death threat from unidentified ‘VIP’
Ex-Perak top cop who battled communists passes away
DVS to work closely with NGOs on animal welfare related issues
Commando charged with possessing printed Islamic State material
Court dismisses Azmi’s challenge, rules Sedition Act valid
Duo charged for machete attack captured on video
Mustapa given mandate to negotiate country's interests in TPPA, says Najib
Rulers want 1MDB issue resolved
Multinational company presents award to best student in Utar’s chemistry faculty
Wider room for local guides
Resort in Lumut makes for a great weekend getaway
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)