Home > News > Nation
Sunday February 23, 2014 MYT 5:14:00 PM
Sunday February 23, 2014 MYT 5:16:03 PM
IPOH: Some 17,000 recipients of 1Malaysia People's Aid (BR1M) last year have taken the initiative to inform the Government that they no longer need it.
Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah said this showed a high level of maturity among the people of this country.
"They send us letters to say that their families do not need BR1M. While most of them were in the list of recipients, they felt no need for it," he told reporters after presenting BR1M 2014 for the Tambun constituency, here Sunday.
Ahmad Husni said the names of the 17,000 recipients would be removed from BR1M recipients list.
Meanwhile, about 100,000 BR1M recipients did not have funds credited into their bank accounts Saturday due to technical problems.
"It will be resolved tomorrow (Monday). Several banks are facing technical problems due to the large number of BR1M recipients," he added. - Bernama
Tags / Keywords:
BR1M, Government, Cost of living
All schools in Penang allowed to join state govt Merdeka celebration
1MDB refutes report over pact with IPIC
Bigger role for business community
Asean more relevant now
Don’t make fools of the rakyat, Johor Ruler tells Government
Bersih 4: Protestors told to vacate Dataran Merdeka area
Bukit Aman has so far seized RM195mil worth of narcotics this year
‘Red shirts giving silat a bad name’
‘Be prepared during march’
Bersih 4: Muhyiddin not attending rally
Five unusual ways to build endurance for a marathon
Musicians and beginners can create better music with these apps
Six teens linked to Sony, Microsoft cyberattacks arrested
Top 10 Merdeka memorabilia
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)