Home > News > Nation
Sunday February 9, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Sunday February 9, 2014 MYT 7:12:24 AM
BALIK PULAU: A family thought that Lim Chee Jin was sleeping in longer after a late night out for the Chinese New Year celebrations — he was actually dead.
The 16-year-old was found motionless on his bed by his family at their home in the Pantai Acheh fishing village here Thursday night.
Met at the Penang Hospital mortuary, a brother said he tried to wake Lim up but found that he was not breathing.
Lim, a school dropout, had returned home Wednesday evening after spending the entire day out. He went to sleep shortly after that and woke up at 7am the next day.
“He said he felt very tired and went right back to bed,” the 18-year-old brother said. “I tried to wake him up at 8pm for dinner but to no avail.”
Lim was suffering from asthma but had stopped taking his medication since last year when his condition improved. Police have classified the case as sudden death.
Tags / Keywords:
Courts & Crime, Asthma, die
No more petrol subsidy for high-income earners
Herman Luping hospitalised following stroke
Johor crown prince Tunku Ismail marries Khaleeda
Najib wants R&D efforts to match demand
Continued use of obsolete systems led to recent ATM hacks
Rizalman extradited to New Zealand
Uruguay's left in battle to retain presidency, and marijuana law
Wrestler John Cena hopes acting will help WWE gain more fans
New York and Toronto tops expensive hotels in North America
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)