Home > News > Nation
Wednesday February 5, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Wednesday February 5, 2014 MYT 10:56:49 AM
by patrick lee
KAJANG: Barisan Nasional has yet to decide on its candidate or which component party will contest the upcoming Kajang by-election.
Deputy Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said although Kajang was a seat previously contested by MCA, it was up to the Prime Minister to decide who would contest this time.
“There are many views, but we can’t decide until it has been discussed by the MCA president and other component parties.
“We will decide what will be best. Then, we leave it to the Barisan chairman,” he told a press conference here yesterday.
He said the potential candidate would be one with good standing and could come from any of Barisan’s component parties.
Muhyiddin laughed at a suggestion that national badminton champion Datuk Lee Chong Wei might be a potential candidate and added that Barisan had specific criteria on who could be its election candidate.
The Kajang state assembly seat fell vacant when PKR assemblyman Lee Chin Cheh resigned on Jan 27, paving the way for Opposition Leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim to be fielded there.
Tags / Keywords:
Politics, kajang by election, muhyiddin yassin, Politics, Anwar
Muhyiddin wants allegations in WSJ report investigated
Youth group calls for opposition figures to put aside their egos
Selangor to remain stable under Azmin, say academics
CWC meetings chaired by Subra invalid, claims Sothi
China passes national security law: officials
Need to improve lives of the disabled
Perfect trip for 4,000 from China
Event celebrates the tasty ritual food of Malaysian communities
Sabah quake: Sonia 'found the stairway to heaven', say parents
Celebrate Raya in style with GEMFIVE
The 3 unexpected life events that leave us in debt
Creating a safe city
Ooh! What fun outfits for Raya
LBU signs MoU to deliver Sarawak highway project
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)