Home > News > Nation
Wednesday January 29, 2014 MYT 10:19:00 PM
Wednesday January 29, 2014 MYT 10:25:46 PM
Dr. Mahathir Mohamad.
PETALING JAYA: Former Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad has denied all allegations of being a part of any move to topple the Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Razak.
In an interview with Bernama Radio24 on Wednesday, Mahathir said that it was actually the view of PKR Information Chief Rafizi Ramli and that the move to topple the government has been in existence since the time he was a prime minister.
"It is the job of the opposition to topple the government and take over," he said during the radio interview.
Rafizi in a statement earlier that day said that the Kajang by-election was necessary as a method to upgrade the state, considering the latest dynamics of Umno and Barisan Nasional to take over Selangor.
"It is an open secret that the move to remove Najib has begun and I cannot rule out the possibility that Najib is removed and Umno falls to the ultras led by Mahathir Mohamad's faction.
"The unscrupulous attack and schemes to take Selangor by hook or crook will begin the moment Najib is removed," he claimed.
Tags / Keywords:
politics, Mahathir Mohamad, Najib Tun Razak, Rafizi Ramli
Dr M: I am not qualified for international mediator role
Najib: I am healthy
Dr M: Najib has the right to sue news portal
GE13: Najib - I will not dream of leaving Pekan
Dr Mahathir: I’ve lost faith in the Government
Crackdown in Cameron Highlands forces employers to do so for fear of detention
Third militant suspect charged
Property showcase attracts the young seeking to make good investments
Hisham: Sea disputes can be resolved via trust
Prices for RON95 and diesel to be determined by float system
Cadbury welcomes Jakim’s halal endorsement
Uber hires team to help fix privacy issues
The Leisure Park @ i-City offers entertainment for all ages
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)