X Close

Nation

Published: Tuesday January 14, 2014 MYT 12:14:00 PM
Updated: Tuesday January 14, 2014 MYT 12:18:37 PM

Search on for six missing crewmen of vessel that sank off Lahad Datu

KOTA KINABALU: A search is underway for six crew members of a cargo vessel that sank in rough seas off Lahad Datu district in Sabah's east coast.

Sabah Fire and Rescue Services Department spokesman Affendy Ramin said three crew members of the ill-fated Bounty Ferry had been rescued as at 6pm on Monday.

The vessel was believed to have sunk in area called Tahau near the Malaysian-Philippines sea border about three hours earlier.

The department, along with Marine Police and Malaysian Maritime Enforcement Personnel, were immediately deployed to help in the search of the missing crewmen.

Tags / Keywords: Travel and safety, Sabah, Lahad Datu, ship

advertisement

  1. Tokyo-bound MAS flight turns back to KLIA 50min after departure
  2. Muktadil brothers behind Sabah kidnappings, say police
  3. PKR Congress: Ceremony for MH17 victims excessive, claims party leader
  4. No point having RM3bil if people’s welfare not taken care of, says Wan Azizah
  5. MH17: Waiting ends as some find closure amid full military honours at KLIA
  6. Oh, the pain of the children
  7. MH17 day of mourning: A minute’s silence observed at 10.55am
  8. MH17: Day of mourning photo gallery
  9. Grabbing a slice of a hot market
  10. A father’s enduring love

advertisement

advertisement