Home > News > Nation
Wednesday December 25, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Wednesday December 25, 2013 MYT 7:25:32 AM
PETALING JAYA: Police have denied a post on Facebook claiming that there was a bomb attack at Bukit Aman.
Bukit Aman had been operating well without any hitches, said its Inspector-General of Police secretariat (corporate communication) Supt Lai Lee Ching.
“The posting claimed that the bomb attack also killed and injured several policemen on duty. It is absolutely not true.”
“We have since lodged a police report on the matter,” she said in a statement yesterday.
Supt Lai said those found guilty of spreading such rumours could be jailed or fined or both under Section 404 (b) of the Penal Code.
“We will take action on those responsible for spreading the rumours.
“We urge the public not to spread such false news or face stern action under the law,” she said.
The Facebook posting alleged that suicide bombers attacked Bukit Aman yesterday, resulting in the death of the IGP, a minister and another dignitary.
It also claimed that police managed to shoot two other assailants who were attacking the police headquarters.
Tags / Keywords:
Courts & Crime, bukit aman, facebook, rumours
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)