Home > News > Nation
Monday December 16, 2013 MYT 1:14:00 PM
Monday December 16, 2013 MYT 1:35:58 PM
KUALA LUMPUR: Klang Valley residents have been advised by Syarikat Bekalan Air Selangor (Syabas) to store enough water for consumption between Tuesday and Sunday due to a scheduled disruption in stages in the supply.
Syabas corporate communications and public affairs assistant general manager Priscilla Alfred said water tankers would only be sent to critical consumers such as hospitals, dialysis centres and houses of worship as the disruption was scheduled and notice of it had been issued.
"We only have 66 water tankers and 750 static tanks for areas which may not have supply restored in 24 hours. We advise consumers to use water sparingly and store enough for use during the period of disruption," she said Monday.
About one million residents in Selangor and Kuala Lumpur are expected to face the water disruption in stages from Tuesday due to a temporary partial shutdown of the Sungai Selangor Phase 2 water treatment plant.
A Syabas statement issued earlier had said that the disruption would begin at 8am and supply was expected to resume at 9pm the same day, and this would go on in stages until Sunday.
Water supply in most areas is expected to be reconnected within 24 hours after the stop-work operation has been completed but this would depend on the proximity to the source of supply, it had said.
Syabas had also said the stoppage was to make way for the upgrading, repair and changing of switchboard and steel pipes.
The statement had said the disruption would involve 217,694 consumer accounts, including in several key areas such as the Royal Selangor Club, National Science Centre, Jalan Duta government complex and the Putra World Trade Centre. - Bernama
Tags / Keywords:
Utilities, Syabas, water disruption, Klang Valley, Kuala Lumpur, Selangor
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)