Home > News > Nation
Sunday December 8, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Sunday December 8, 2013 MYT 9:23:19 AM
by m. sivanantha sharma
NIBONG TEBAL: A jobless man who survived a shooting incident six months ago was not so lucky the second time around.
M. Partipan (pic), 29, was shot dead at close range by a gunman in the same housing area where he was previously shot at on June 20.
He died on the spot from internal injuries in the 9pm incident on Friday at Taman Puteri Gunong in Simpang Ampat near here.
Penang CID chief Senior Asst Comm Mazlan Kesah said Partipan, who was still single, was gunned down while walking along a road in the housing area where he lived.
He said the gunman, who used a semi-automatic pistol, fired six shots and escaped with an accomplice in a black car.
However, he said it was not ascertained how many shots hit Partipan.
“The case is being investigated under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder,” SAC Mazlan told reporters at the crime scene. Also present was South Seberang Prai OCPD Supt Shafien Mamat.
SAC Mazlan said police believed the motive for the killing was connected to drugs and revenge.
He said Partipan, who had a criminal record for four previous cases including one involving drugs, had sustained injuries in his ribs and an index finger in the earlier shooting.
SAC Mazlan said yesterday that police had detained two men, aged 21 and 35, three hours after the incident near the crime scene to facilitate investigations into the case.
He said police had also recovered a torched car 5km away which was believed to have been used by the suspects. The car is believed to be one which was reported stolen in Seberang Jaya on Tuesday.
Tags / Keywords:
Courts & Crime, partipan
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)