X Close


Published: Wednesday December 4, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Wednesday December 4, 2013 MYT 11:29:44 AM

Wife kicks hubby and kid out

A woman kicked her family out of her house in Subang Jaya after she was accused of cheating on her husband with a Pakistani man, Harian Metro reported.

The woman, in her 30s, was reported to have brought a Pakistani to her house when her husband, who is in his 60s, was not at home.

A police source said the woman’s antics were found out when their nine-year-old child told their father.

An argument broke out between the couple before the wife chased her husband and child out of the house last Friday.

The source added that the woman also filed for divorce, claiming that she did not see eye to eye with her husband.

“The man tried to persuade his wife but failed. The woman also hit their child with a plastic bottle,” the source said.

The husband then lodged a report at the Bukit Puchong police station.

> A woman told a magistrate’s court in Kota Baru to jail her son for up to a year over his threats to kill her, a Kosmo! report said.

“Do whatever you want with my son. I don’t mind if he is jailed for a year,” said Jarah Mohamed, 54, as she gave a statement against her son Mohd Fairul Rahimi, 28, on Monday.

Mohd Fairul, a driver, was accused of threatening his mother at their home in Kampung Jambu, Jalan Pani on Nov 25.

According to the facts of the case, the accused ran amok and pointed a knife at Jarah, threatening her.

“He has done this many times, threatening to kill me, threatening his siblings, but this time was the worst,” she said.

Magistrate Nik Habri Muhamad sentenced Mohd Fairul to one year’s jail, saying to the accused: “When you come out of prison in a year, don’t give your family any more problems.”

> Two men spent the night in a police lock-up following a punch-up over an accident at the police station, Berita Harian reported.

The two men, aged 22 and 25, from Langkap and Chui Chak respectively, were said to have crashed into each other in Teluk Intan at about 3pm on Sunday.

The two quarrelled at the site before agreeing to lodge a police report. At the station, however, the two argued once more before raining blows on each other.

Policemen present had to separate the two before sending them for outpatient treatment at Teluk Intan Hospital.

They were arrested and are under investigation for engaging in improper behaviour in a police station.

  • Other News & Views is compiled from the vernacular newspapers (Bahasa Malaysia, Chinese and Tamil dailies). As such, stories are grouped according to the respective language/medium. Where a paragraph begins with a ' >'sign, it denotes a separate news item

Tags / Keywords: Found in Translation, Transport & Safety, meleis


  1. Upset Perak fans turn rowdy
  2. High time for the leaders to act
  3. AirAsia to move to KLIA2 by May 9
  4. Water tunnel to function soon
  5. BSM moving office from Selangor to Kuala Lumpur, says state 'unconducive' for its work
  6. India's highest court recognises transgenders as 'third gender'
  7. MH370 search: Remark on solving mystery in one second illogical, says Najib
  8. Crane falls off 11-storey building, killing operator
  9. Burst pipe along Jalan Universiti sparks anger
  10. A strong message this Easter