Home > News > Nation
Friday October 18, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Friday October 18, 2013 MYT 6:36:04 AM
by zuhrin azam ahmad
Better understanding: Fujiwara briefing Najib on the technology that goes into building the houses, in Putrajaya
PUTRAJAYA: Perbadanan Perumahan Rakyat 1Malaysia (PR1MA) houses will be kept affordable though the houses are built using the Japanese advanced pre-fabricated technology.
PR1MA chairman Datuk Seri Jamaluddin Jarjis said the prices would be at par with the present prices of between RM150,000 and RM300,000.
“This is made possible because of the volume. We have been mandated to build 500,000 homes and with such a volume, we would be able to offer houses within the present price range,” he said yesterday.
Jamaluddin was speaking to newsmen after the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between PR1MA and Sekisui Chemical Co Ltd to conduct a feasible study to set up a new plant for advanced pre-fabricated modular houses in Malaysia at the Prime Minister’s Office here.
PR1MA was represented by its chief executive officer Datuk Abdul Mutalib Alias while Sekisui’s head of international promotion Masaya Fujiwara signed for the company.
Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak witnessed the ceremony.
Sekisui is one of Japan’s largest home builders and have so far constructed 600,000 pre-fabricated modular houses.
Jamaluddin said that through the technology, PR1MA houses could be built between 30 and 60 days as 90% of the construction process would be done in the plant while the remaining 10% in the construction site.
“We aim to begin the construction of the first project using the technology in 14 months’ as we need to identify the suitable locations for the plants.
“The locations of the plants would depend on where we will build most of the houses and as off now, one plant would surely be located in the Klang Valley,” he said.
PR1MA has announced that it would build a total of 38,757 houses in 30 projects, with some already in construction.
Their houses are for those with individual or combined gross monthly household income of between RM2,500 and RM7,500 and that they should not own more than one property in the country.
Tags / Keywords:
Government, Property, pr1ma/ sekisui/ pre-fabricated modular house/
Copyright © 1995-2013 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)