Home > News > Nation
Tuesday September 24, 2013 MYT 1:40:00 PM
Tuesday September 24, 2013 MYT 1:56:06 PM
by simon khoo
ROMPIN: Police on Monday detained three national service trainees, aged between 18 and 20, to assist in the investigations into the death of a fellow trainee at the Pinggiran Pelangi camp in Muadzam Shah near here.
Rompin OCPD Deputy Supt Johari Jahaya said the case has been classified as murder following a post-mortem report on Muhammad Suhaimi Norhamidi who was found unconcious on the bathroom floor of the camp on Sunday.
"The report revealed that the victim died of internal bleeding in the head due to blunt trauma.
"All three trainees have been remanded until Sept 30," he said when contacted.
DSP Johari said police would investigate all angles including the possibility of a fight occurring among the trainees which led to the victim's death.
Muhammad Suhaimi, 18, from Kerdau, died without regaining consciousness.
National Service Training Department acting director-general Rozainor Ramli said a special unit had been set up to investigate the case.
A check at the camp showed that the gates were locked to stop visitors.
A security guard said he was directed not to allow any visitors or media personnel into the premises.
The camp management declined to comment on the incident.
The victim's father, Norhamidi Bakar, 46, said he would leave the matter to the authorities to carry out a thorough probe.
Muhammad Suhaimi’s remains was been laid to rest in his hometown in Kampung Klebang, Kerdau.
Copyright © 1995-2013 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)