Home > News > Nation
Tuesday September 10, 2013 MYT 12:29:00 PM
Tuesday September 10, 2013 MYT 12:37:53 PM
by farik zolkepli
PETALING JAYA: A six month-old baby boy was in the care of a maid when a Japanese couple was killed after being electrocuted by a faulty water heater.
The couple’s family members are expected to arrive later on Tuesday to claim the bodies and take custody of the baby who was now under the care of the Selangor Welfare Department.
Police have recorded a statement from the maid, who worked for the decease Japanese couple.
Brickfields OCPD Asst Comm Azlee Abdullah said police investigations indicated that the couple, both 38, died of a mishap with one of the electrical appliances.
“The statement from the maid, who is a local, suggested no foul play.
“We discovered the Japanese man worked as a factory manager,” he said when contacted Tuesday.
He added post-mortem was expected to be completed by today.
ACP Azlee said the couple’s family members were due to arrive from Japan this afternoon.
“The couple’s family members are expected to claim the bodies by today,” he said.
It was reported that an apartment block in Mont Kiara, which was the scene of two gruesome incidents, made headlines again when a Japanese couple were found dead in their bathroom on Monday.
Foul play has been ruled out as the couple were believed to have been electrocuted.
It is learnt that the housekeeper discovered the bodies of the married couple, both aged 38, at about 10am yesterday at the 13th-floor apartment.
In July 2007, the dismembered body of Singaporean businessman Goh Yoke Seng was discovered in a refrigerator that had been sealed with masking tape.
A man, who had bought the unit in an auction, discovered the body when he went to clean the place located on the 19th floor.
The unit had been vacant for more than three months before the man discovered the body.
The same apartment block was also the scene of a fire in which the son of a top police officer was killed a few years ago.
The 22-year-old son of former Commercial Crime Investigation Department director Comm Koh Hong Sun died after an explosion at their 32nd-floor apartment unit in July 2009.
Tags / Keywords:
Japanese couple, Death, Mont Kiara, Baby Boy
Copyright © 1995-2013 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)