Home > News > Nation
Wednesday September 4, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Wednesday September 4, 2013 MYT 1:20:17 PM
PETALING JAYA: Several Netizens have allegedly stolen still photographs from Tanda Putera’s Facebook account and claimed to have spotted “technical errors” such as Proton cars and air-con ducts, says its director Datin Paduka Shuhaimi Baba (pic).
In a statement issued yesterday, she said such photographs were not from scenes in the film.
“We will report this to the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission and we are conferring with our lawyer on the possibility of legal action on this matter,” she added.
Tanda Putera is a story of Malaysia’s second prime minister Tun Abdul Razak Hussein and his friendship with his deputy Tun Dr Ismail Abdul Rahman. It depicts the events leading up to the May 13, 1969 riots.
Shuhaimi also criticised claims that the movie was poorly attended, saying that a small number of attendance of movies in cinemas was quite common during weekdays even for Hollywood films.
“A friend said how a couple watched the James Bond film Skyfall alone in a Kelana Jaya mall cinema on a weekday. So, why weren’t these ‘near empty’ halls reported?
“We hope those who have not seen it will support Tanda Putera and make some time to catch it before the end of its two-week run,” she added.
Shuhaimi said Tanda Putera has so far collected RM550,000 in cinemas nationwide after screening began last Thursday, and has “done reasonably well at the box-office for a film of its genre”.
She cited good support for the film and an increasing number of requests for private screenings and group bookings, which are expected to significantly boost its earnings.
She said interested parties can call 03 -7728 2427 for private screenings at their chosen venue.
Tags / Keywords:
Lifestyle, tanda putera, shuhaimi baba, statement
Copyright © 1995-2013 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)