Home > News > Nation
Monday August 26, 2013 MYT 6:06:00 PM
Monday August 26, 2013 MYT 6:25:21 PM
by farik zolkepli
The slain Customs deputy director-general II Datuk Shaharuddin Ibrahim.
PUTRAJAYA: The son of slain Customs Deputy director-general II Datuk Shaharuddin Ibrahim had his statement recorded by the police on Monday.
Putrajaya OCPD Asst Comm Abdul Razak Majid said police have called in Mohd Akhtar to give a statement, pertaining to his father’s murder.
“We are aware of recent statements made by him (Mohd Akhtar) in the media.
“He has cooperated fully and confirmed his statements in the media,” he said when contacted.
He added police would investigate the claims made by Mohd Akhtar.
“The case is still under investigation but we are pursuing all leads,” he said.
Mohd Akhtar was previously reported to have said that his father was gunned down after investigating a car smuggling syndicate in Langkawi.
Mohd Akhtar also alleged that his father had warned his bosses of corrupt officials, adding that Shaharuddin received a transfer letter soon after making the accusation.
Peninsular Malaysia Customs Officers Union president Ibrahim Ahmad also confirmed that Shaharuddin was slated to be transferred a month prior to his murder.
However, Ibrahim said the union was not privy to the reason behind the transfer order.
The 58-year-old Negri Sembilan-born Shaharuddin, who headed the Customs and Internal Tax Unit division, was a year away from retirement when he was shot dead on April 26.
Shaharuddin was seated in the front passenger seat of his official vehicle when it stopped at a traffic light junction at Putrajaya’s Lebuh Wawasan. A motorcycle rode up and the pillion rider shot at him thrice.
Tags / Keywords:
Crime, Customs, Deputy director-general II Datuk Shaharuddin Ibrahim
Copyright © 1995-2013 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)