Home > News > Nation
Sunday July 21, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Sunday July 21, 2013 MYT 7:35:03 AM
by mohd farhaan shah
JOHOR BARU: The state government is waiting for reports from various enforcement agencies on the quarry site blast in Seri Alam which left one man dead and almost a dozen people injured.
“If there is any element of negligence, the state government will not hesitate to take action against those who caused the incident,” said Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin.
While the probe was being conducted, the public should not make any speculation about the incident, he said in a statement on his Facebook page.
Mohamed Khaled was commenting on reports about the quarry blast. A Nepalese worker died on the spot.
Meanwhile, state health exco member Datuk Ayub Rahmat said only three people were admitted to the Sultan Ismail Hospital after suffering injuries due to the falling rocks.
“About 11 people were sent to the hospital to get treatment, with many of them receiving outpatient treatment for light injuries.
“The three people admitted are foreign workers – two from Nepal and one from Myanmar. Their condition is stable and they are expected to recover soon,” he told pressmen after visiting the patients at the hospital yesterday.
Seri Alam OCPD Supt Roslan Zainuddin confirmed that 39 police reports had been lodged by various victims, including the factory and vehicle owners.
Supt Roslan declined to comment further as investigations were still ongoing.
“The investigations are being conducted by the police with assistance from the Occupational Safety and Health Department and the state Minerals and Geosience Department,” he said.
Selangor MB crisis: State polls the answer, says DAP MP
Selangor MB crisis: PKR denies reports saying it will not submit more names to Palace
Musa Aman: Call for Sabah secession is irresponsible
Prank ends happily for 75 kids from home
No re-sale of affordable homes for five years, says Johor MB
Selangor MB crisis: Accept Sultan's choice, Dr M says
Vigilantism: Mob justice still unacceptable
Selangor MB crisis: No official invite from palace yet, says Azmin
Of pirates and phantoms
Young voices are emerging from Gaza, and they will not be stopped
Making a ‘sustainable living’ out of waste bins
Ukraine's military readies to pull back big guns after fall-off in separatist fire
DISQ fitness fans look like action figures, train like multitaskers
Jackie Chan, Indonesia's tourism ambassador!
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)