X Close


Published: Sunday July 21, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Updated: Sunday July 21, 2013 MYT 7:37:33 AM

Burglar dies after trapping himself

The burglar was stuck in the window which has since been boarded up with a piece of yellow wood.

The burglar was stuck in the window which has since been boarded up with a piece of yellow wood.

IPOH: A 27-year-old man who tried to break into a house in Silibin here was found dead trapped between some window panels, and clad only in his underwear.

However, his family members claimed that he was beaten to death as there were bruises on his body.

Ipoh OCPD Asst Comm Sum Chang Keong said initial investigations showed no foul play, adding that the case had been classified as sudden death.

He said the 55-year-old owner of the single-storey terrace house in Taman Saz called the police at about 12.15am yesterday, saying that a man was trapped between the window panels of his kitchen.

The owner told police that he had just returned home when he heard noises in the kitchen.

Checking to see what it was, he saw the motionless man, whose chest was stuck between the iron bars of the window. His head was inside the house but the lower part of his body was on the outside.

His pants, shirt and shoes were found in the kitchen sink.

“Police had to break the window panels to free him and called for an ambulance from the Raja Permaisuri Bainun Hospital,” ACP Sum told reporters at the hospital mortuary.

“But paramedics who checked him confirmed that he had already died.”

ACP Sum said a post-mortem showed that he died from shortness of breath after being wedged between the panels.

He said under such conditions, the body could have signs of bruises.

However, the man’s 50-year-old father, a trader, told reporters that the family would insist on a second post-mortem.

He claimed that besides the bruises, neighbours had heard him calling out for help before he was found dead.

ACP Sum said the family had the right to demand for another post-mortem, adding that police were checking if the man had any criminal record.


  1. Tokyo-bound MAS flight turns back to KLIA 50min after departure
  2. Muktadil brothers behind Sabah kidnappings, say police
  3. PKR Congress: Ceremony for MH17 victims excessive, claims party leader
  4. No point having RM3bil if people’s welfare not taken care of, says Wan Azizah
  5. MH17: Waiting ends as some find closure amid full military honours at KLIA
  6. Oh, the pain of the children
  7. MH17 day of mourning: A minute’s silence observed at 10.55am
  8. MH17: Day of mourning photo gallery
  9. Full military ceremony to accompany arrival of 20 Malaysians’ remains
  10. A father’s enduring love