Home > News > Nation
Tuesday June 25, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Tuesday June 25, 2013 MYT 9:10:10 AM
KUALA LUMPUR: Tourism in Malaysia has not taken a dip despite the haze, said Tourism and Culture Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Nazri Abdul Aziz.
“Our statistics show the number of tourists has not dropped. The haze has not affected tourist arrivals so far, not at all,” he said during a visit to the Wedding Works Promotion event at Kraftangan Malaysia here.
Previously, Mohamed Nazri said tourist arrivals recorded a 15.9% growth in the first quarter of this year, with 6.4 million tourists as compared to 5.5 million in the same period last year.
Tags / Keywords:
Health, Nation, News
Subra: Don’t sensationalise Ebola related news
Selangor MB crisis: PAS makes another turn
No Ebola virus case in Malaysia, says Health D-G
Selangor MB crisis: PKR Youth wants Hadi to retract statement on Wan Azizah
Penang still blanketed by haze
Going gaga over Rara
Johor seeks RM1mil to kick start health fund
Cops going all out to nab thugs
Ex-pig farmers get full refund
Parents vent anger and frustration over news
The Star’s news platform bags second prestigious World Young Reader Prize
Man steals, cooks ex-girlfriend’s dog, feeds it to her
Is the depth of PGA Tour talent stronger than ever?
Idle in the lap of luxury at the Bulgari Hotel, Bali
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)