Home > News > Nation
Wednesday February 13, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Wednesday April 17, 2013 MYT 12:01:52 PM
PETALING JAYA: Police Wednesday filed an application for inquest proceedings into the death of six-year-old William Yau Zhen Zhong, whose body was found at the Kampung Sungai Sireh Jetty in Port Klang last month.
The application was filed by ASP Mohd Zainal Abdullah, from the Subang Jaya district police headquarters.
Subang Jaya district police chief ACP Yahya Ramli confirmed this.
"The objective of the inquest is to find the actual cause of the boy's death. If there is any element of foul play, we will investigate again. Otherwise, the case will be closed," he added.
William, the second son of Goh Ying Ying, 28, and Yau Kok Kang, 32,was reported missing on Jan 16 at Jalan Putra Mahkota, Putra Heights, Subang Jaya, after he reportedly left the family car to look for his parents who had gone to an electrical shop.
On Jan 24, the body of a young boy was found at the Kampung Sungai Sireh jetty and a DNA report confirmed the body was that of William. - Bernama
I miss him every single day, says William's mother
AG accepts police request for an inquest into William Yau's death
Police wrap up investigations into William's death
Post-mortem fails to shed light on William's death
Police to recommend inquest into William Yau's death
Cops quiz relatives to find out if William was really abused
The William Yau Zhen Zhong tragedy (Update)
Trauma counselling vital for William Yau's siblings, says expert
Police record statements from five people over alleged abuse of William Yau
William's grieving mum rubbishes abuse claims
Tags / Keywords:
Nation, News, Courts and Crime, Family and Community, William Yau
Copyright © 1995-2013 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)