Home > News > Nation
Friday February 8, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Wednesday April 17, 2013 MYT 12:02:55 PM
PUTRAJAYA: Applications for the Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia (BR1M) 2.0 will end on March 15, Second Finance Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Husni Hanadzlah said.
He said with another month to go, the Government hoped that those who had yet to apply for the RM500 cash aid would do so soon.
“When we announced the BR1M, our philosophy was to ensure all eligible Malaysians received it.
“With another month to go before we close the applications, we hope the people would apply for it,” he said here yesterday.
Ahmad Husni said the applications could be made at all Inland Revenue Board (IRB) offices and agencies handling the scheme.
He said more than 7.3 millions applications had been received.
“This included some four million recipients of the earlier BR1M,” he said, adding that those who had received the earlier assistance need not register as they would automatically receive BR1M 2.0.
The Government started distributing BR1M 2.0 last Saturday.
Recipients will be given vouchers which they can cash in at all Bank Simpanan Nasional, CIMB and Maybank branches.
Ahmad Husni said so far, about 420,000 vouchers worth RM210mil had been distributed.
Tags / Keywords:
Nation, News, Government, Politics, br1m ahmad husni hanadzlah
Dr Wee: Political allegiances irrelevant to Government when giving out aid
Permatang Pauh by-election: PKR leaders mum over PAS protest
Permatang Pauh by-election: PAS decision to support Wan Azizah final, says Salahuddin
600 people’s Agrobazaars by 2020
M’sia to organise inaugural Asean Unity Run 2015
Aid is given to all, says Wee
Boy, eight, killed in Mersing crash
Bus driver killed in home fire
Next stop – Sensational Singapore
How Malaysians abroad are bridging a skills gap
10 ways to discover Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
Double joy for Miri Catholics
Rotting Newcastle show no signs of arresting slump
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)