Home > News > Nation
Thursday February 7, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Wednesday April 17, 2013 MYT 12:02:54 PM
PETALING JAYA: Umno Youth wants the RM200 rebate for youths to purchase smart phones extended to the end of the year.
The wing's public complaints bureau chief Datuk Khairun Aseh said extending the period from one month to only three was not youth-friendly.
He was commenting on a statement by the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission last week that the rebate period was extended to three months.
"We suggest that Dec 31 this year be the final date of the rebate for eligible youths to register and buy their smartphones.
"MCMC's move is not only inconsistent with Budget 2013, but not youth-friendly,” Khairun said in a statement.
Khairun noted that statistics from the MCMC showed that only about 60,000 of the 440,000 youths who registered for the rebate bought the phones.
“This clearly shows a less favourable trend among youths to register for the rebate,” he said.
RM200 smartphone rebate period extended to three months
Hundreds of youngsters eligible for RM200 rebate snap up 4G Cloud Phone
Smartphone rebate: Special panel to check profiteering
List of smartphones for RM200 rebate ready next week
PM pleased with response to RM200 smartphone rebate
Tags / Keywords:
Anti-terror Bills curtail too many rights, say Opposition MPs
Motion to sack IGP rejected
Azmin: PKR to study other avenues to free Anwar
Nestlé rewards consumers with biggest promotion ever
The great South Australian adventure
Living away from Malaysia can trigger a lot of different longings
Cloud connected home security
Making accessible tourism a reality
Zidane interested in managing Real Madrid
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)