Home > News > Nation
Wednesday February 6, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Wednesday April 17, 2013 MYT 12:02:50 PM
PETALING JAYA: The result of the full post-mortem on William Yau Zhen Zhong is out. But the police have little idea as to how he died. The post-mortem has proven inconclusive.
Subang Jaya OCPD Asst Comm Yahaya Ramli said the report on Monday had failed to provide fresh leads on the six-year-old's death.
Police will close investigations on Friday and propose to the Deputy Public Prosecutor that an inquest be held.
“The past three weeks have not yielded any new clues. As such, an inquest is the most suitable next step,” he said.
William was found dead in Sungai Klang, Port Klang, on Jan 24 after he went missing on Jan 16. His parents had left him in the car with his two siblings and found him missing when they returned.
ACP Yahaya said police had not identified any suspect in the case.
“There are no visible signs of abuse and William's parents are not suspects. More than 30 statements have been recorded but there is no evidence to suggest foul play,” he said.
He added that police would comb through the areas where William went missing and where his body was discovered again.
“We are giving it one final push this week to look for new clues that might help us solve the case,” he said, adding that William could have died after an accident.
[View the story "Help find William Yau Zhen Zhong" on Storify]
Tags / Keywords:
Nation, News, Courts Crime, william yau, post mortem, subang ocpd
Nik Abduh: Docs want Nik Aziz to have enough rest
Ku Nan: 'Modest' FT Day celebrations this year
Floods: More than 2,000 evacuees in Sabah, Sarawak
Guan Eng to Hadi: Be honest, you knew about local elections push
Berjaya to the rescue
Plenty of great fun and adventure pursuits in Adelaide
Web Wanders: Bringing art to life
Young and free Kyrgios makes Australians rejoice
MATTA fair to feature more local packages after favourable reception last year
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)