Home > News > Nation
Sunday January 27, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Monday April 22, 2013 MYT 3:13:24 PM
SEREMBAN: The DAP once tried to entice a son of the current Negri Sembilan ruler to contest in the general election, offering him the Mentri Besar post as the “prize”, former party vice-chairman Tunku Abdul Aziz Ibrahim claimed.
He alleged that state opposition leader Anthony Loke had spoken to him on the matter twice before he quit the party in May last year.
“Loke came up to me and asked me to approach Tunku Zain Al-'Abidin, a bright and well-spoken person, as I was from the royal family myself.
“He asked me to organise a dinner at my home and to talk to Tunku Zain but the learned prince declined the offer,” Tunku Aziz claimed at a ceramah here.
Tunku Aziz said Loke then asked him to speak to the prince for a second time to ask if he was keen to contest a parliamentary seat.
However, Tunku Aziz said he did not speak to the prince on the matter again.
When contacted later, Loke said “the matter was discussed in private and should have remained in private”.
Tags / Keywords:
Nation, News, Politics, Tunku Abdul Aziz, DAP, GE13, Others
Karpal tells Tunku Aziz to cease attacks on DAP
Two robbers believed shot dead by cops
Two gunned down by cops in Penampang believed to be Sulu army recruiters
The Star’s HR wins six awards
TCM Act to be enforced next year
PM: Keep politics out to maintain WIEF’s success
Defence raises the issue of contamination
Book to mark popular regatta’s silver anniversary
Apple CEO coming out is controversial in his native Alabama
Obama urges progress in Myanmar ahead of rare roundtable
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)