Home > News > Nation
Saturday April 28, 2012 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Monday May 27, 2013 MYT 2:23:30 PM
by hamdan raja abdullah
MUAR: When her faithful dog would not stop barking in the dead of the night, Foo Ah May became irritated and woke up.
In the end, she could not thank her dog enough. It saved her from a fiery death in Kampung Paya Redan near Pagoh early yesterday.
Foo, 73, lives alone in her house. She went out of her room to check on the dog and was shocked to see the fire raging.
She rushed back into the room to collect her belongings and valuables, but in doing so, suffered burns on her back and hands.
Senior Fire and Rescue Department officer Nor Al-Fatah Omar said Foo was rushed to the Sultanah Fatimah Specialist Hospital for treatment.
He said the department received a distress call at about 2am and dispatched two fire engines with 11 firemen to the village.
When they arrived, the fire had engulfed Foo's house and another house next door.
“The fire spread very fast and razed the wooden houses,” he said.
Nor Al-Fatah said the firemen extinguished the blaze at about 3.30am.
Tags / Keywords:
Copyright © 1995-2013 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)