Home > News > Nation
Wednesday March 14, 2012 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Saturday May 25, 2013 MYT 11:47:25 AM
RAWANG: Sand theft in Selangor has worsened with the latest discovery of another sand-mining area the size of three football fields.
It is believed to be the state's biggest illegal sand-mining activity detected by the authorities so far.
The Hulu Selangor land office discovered it near SKC Kampung Timah in Bukit Beruntung here during an enforcement raid against sand thieves last week.
The culprits bolted during the raid, leaving behind an excavator and a lorry.
Assistant district officer Mohd Rohib Misnan said the illegal activity had been going on for the last six months, acknowledging, however, that it was difficult to catch the thieves.
* Full report in The Star today
Tags / Keywords:
Selangor MB crisis: PAS makes another turn
Selangor MB crisis: PKR Youth wants Hadi to retract statement on Wan Azizah
Subra: Don’t sensationalise Ebola related news
MH17: Crash site still unsafe for investigators, says Netherlands
Selangor MB crisis: New MB to be sworn in on Tuesday
‘Terror’ fund man identified
Blooming business for refugees
Reel women, real Malaysians
And baby makes one ‘passenger’ more at KLIA arrival hall
When the music stops
PJK recipient wants ‘to make country proud’
Aberlour Single Malt Whisky is available in Malaysia at long last
Artistes are crying foul over the pittance they are being paid in royalties.
Ericsson to shut modem business, expects savings
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)