Home > Lifestyle > Women > Beauty
Wednesday July 2, 2014 MYT 6:35:00 PM
Sunday July 6, 2014 MYT 1:54:58 PM
Eye make-up have never been simpler!
MAKE-UP artist and cosmetics creator Bobbi Brown believes that most women who wear glasses need to at least put on mascara and liner. While that might sound pretty simple, Brown is making it foolproof with her new book aptly titled, Everything Eyes.
These top seven tips were rounded up by The Huffington Post after breaking down the essentials from the book:
1. If your brows are messy and unruly, apply a clear brow shaper AFTER colour application.
This mascara-like wand with liquid colour both tames and defines brows. For a subtle look, you can simply brush up your brows with a brow shaper.
2. If you have a lot of under-eye darkness, skip lining the lower lash line as it will only draw attention to the problem.
Instead, just use waterproof mascara on the lower lashes. To soften the line, just use your finger or a cotton swab to smudge slightly. Powder liner can soften a too-harsh gel liner and make it look diffused.
3. Always curl your lashes before you apply mascara, otherwise you may break your lashes.
Crimp at the base of the lashes, then hold the curler for five to ten seconds as you lift up and go. Just once is enough. For a quick pick-me-up you can just use your fingers, holding the lashes in a curl with your fingertips for a few seconds.
4. The glass in your frames can highlight under-eye discoloration and darkness.
So corrector and concealer underneath the eye and in creases is essential. Apply corrector with a brush to the inner corner of the eye area, placing it only where you see darkness. Then, gently blend with your fingers. Next, clean your brush with a tissue before applying concealer.
5. If you have redness around your eyes, stay away from shadows with red or purple undertones.
These colours will exacerbate the redness. For a foolproof eye, layer shadows from light to dark. Start with the palest shadow as the base, then layer a medium shade, and apply the darkest shade last.
6. The colour of your eyeshadow shouldn’t compete with the colour of your glasses.
If you want to do the same colour as your frames on your eyelids, try a base hue that’s a shade lighter, and go a few shades darker for the crease colour. Finish with black liner and mascara.
7. When you have a mix of confident colours on your hair, lips and frames, keep your eye make-up simple.
Go clean with only a little liner and mascara – eyeshadow isn’t necessary.
Tags / Keywords:
Lifestyle, Bobbi Brown, eyes, glasses, make-up
Fashion show features local celebs in traditional Indian apparel
The Five Arts Centre scores the Bobo Underdog of the Year award for its many years of service
Blighted futures: Actions that ruin careers
Anyone whose last name is Roosevelt gets a RM295 stay in iconic New York hotel
Ho, ho, oh no: Woman gets stuck in chimney trying to sneak into man's home
Certain fats might offset heart risk from weight gain
Nadal out of World Tour Finals
Venezuela's Maduro slams Spain's Rajoy over jailed opponent
Japan okays smartphones and tablets to be on for take off and landing
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)