Home > Lifestyle > Family > News & Events
Tuesday May 6, 2014 MYT 11:25:00 AM
Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 1:01:47 PM
Children may encounter danger when parents or guardians aren't around. But here are 13 tips to teach them about being ready for that situation.
1. Always go out in groups, with friends or siblings.
2. Shout for help loudly if you're in danger.
3. Ask for help from the nearest police station, or go to the concierge or security counter immediately, if you're lost in a shopping mall.
4. Remember the phone numbers for Dad, Mum, or other family members.
5. Keep a few coins in your pocket, in case you need to use a public phone.
6. Call 999 during emergencies – this is a free call, so you don’t need coins.
1. Don’t walk alone.
2. Don’t keep quiet if someone tries to grab you or take you somewhere against your will.
3. Don’t talk to strangers or take anything from them.
4. Don’t play in deserted or quiet areas.
5. Don’t write your name on your bag or clothes. Strangers who know your name can pretend to be your friend.
6. Don’t go anywhere without informing your Dad or Mum first.
7. Don’t wander around if you’re lost because it makes it harder for Dad or Mum to find you.
Tags / Keywords:
Lifestyle, Family Community, Reuniting Families, Missing Children, Family, Parenting, School, Safety
Anifah Aman: Government will not 'rescue' child porn convict from British jail
Minister: Child porn convict 'sick', needs counselling
Dep IGP: Student in child porn case a free man after serving sentence
Rawang low-cost flats to have new JMB pro tem panels
Year Five pupil dies from suspected H1N1
Buka puasa buffet with 80 dishes
BookFest@Malaysia 2015 is officially launched
Stopping the yellowfin
Gearing up for the jungle
Celebrate Raya in style with GEMFIVE
The 3 unexpected life events that leave us in debt
Germany's Gabriel - Greece needs to change position to stay in euro
Weaved to suit the daily needs of community
Ex-German president dismisses Blatter's claims on World Cup votes
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)