Home > Lifestyle > Family > News & Events
Tuesday May 6, 2014 MYT 11:25:00 AM
Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 1:01:47 PM
Children may encounter danger when parents or guardians aren't around. But here are 13 tips to teach them about being ready for that situation.
1. Always go out in groups, with friends or siblings.
2. Shout for help loudly if you're in danger.
3. Ask for help from the nearest police station, or go to the concierge or security counter immediately, if you're lost in a shopping mall.
4. Remember the phone numbers for Dad, Mum, or other family members.
5. Keep a few coins in your pocket, in case you need to use a public phone.
6. Call 999 during emergencies – this is a free call, so you don’t need coins.
1. Don’t walk alone.
2. Don’t keep quiet if someone tries to grab you or take you somewhere against your will.
3. Don’t talk to strangers or take anything from them.
4. Don’t play in deserted or quiet areas.
5. Don’t write your name on your bag or clothes. Strangers who know your name can pretend to be your friend.
6. Don’t go anywhere without informing your Dad or Mum first.
7. Don’t wander around if you’re lost because it makes it harder for Dad or Mum to find you.
Tags / Keywords:
Lifestyle, Family Community, Reuniting Families, Missing Children, Family, Parenting, School, Safety
Many senior citizens still cannot afford to retire
Council installs facilities for easy access to pedestrian bridge
Missing children portal a good initiative, says Najib
Bukit Aman's missing kids portal hailed by Malaysians
Tracking missing children
A look at the Indian Muslim community in inner city
Tell us your stories
Bon Odori festival thrills crowd with folk dances and fireworks
Home-cooked dishes, a heritage to be proud of
‘Memory exercise keeps my mind active’
Home-cooked dishes, quaint decor among attractions for returning patrons at Nyonya restaurant
Uber to invest US$1bil in India to expand services
Philippines vows action on Haiyan rebuilding after UN criticism
Squash: Malaysian girls march into world team quarters
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)