Home > Lifestyle > Family > News & Events
Tuesday May 6, 2014 MYT 11:25:00 AM
Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 1:01:47 PM
Children may encounter danger when parents or guardians aren't around. But here are 13 tips to teach them about being ready for that situation.
1. Always go out in groups, with friends or siblings.
2. Shout for help loudly if you're in danger.
3. Ask for help from the nearest police station, or go to the concierge or security counter immediately, if you're lost in a shopping mall.
4. Remember the phone numbers for Dad, Mum, or other family members.
5. Keep a few coins in your pocket, in case you need to use a public phone.
6. Call 999 during emergencies – this is a free call, so you don’t need coins.
1. Don’t walk alone.
2. Don’t keep quiet if someone tries to grab you or take you somewhere against your will.
3. Don’t talk to strangers or take anything from them.
4. Don’t play in deserted or quiet areas.
5. Don’t write your name on your bag or clothes. Strangers who know your name can pretend to be your friend.
6. Don’t go anywhere without informing your Dad or Mum first.
7. Don’t wander around if you’re lost because it makes it harder for Dad or Mum to find you.
Tags / Keywords:
Lifestyle, Family Community, Reuniting Families, Missing Children, Family, Parenting, School, Safety
Government launches grants to woo women back to workforce
Chew Mei Fun: Ministry to train women to take up 30 percent of GLC director posts
Ethnic divide, not extremism is the problem
Missing children found with father
Constant vigilance of predators lurking on social media sites
Exhibition an effort towards making Shah Alam a capital for the arts
Lights, camera, music! Our 10 favourite films adapted from stage musicals
A Vietnamese nun lives out her dream to help the destitute in India
Social enterprise for women in Changjiji
'Bjork' retrospective at MoMa dazzles the imagination
Making professional accountancy cool
Nachimuthu moves on top as overnight leader Murthy blows
Hong Kong chief urges residents to go easy on mainland hordes
Rimba – modern artsy nature resort in Bali
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)