Home > Lifestyle > Family > News & Events
Tuesday May 6, 2014 MYT 11:25:00 AM
Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 1:01:47 PM
Children may encounter danger when parents or guardians aren't around. But here are 13 tips to teach them about being ready for that situation.
1. Always go out in groups, with friends or siblings.
2. Shout for help loudly if you're in danger.
3. Ask for help from the nearest police station, or go to the concierge or security counter immediately, if you're lost in a shopping mall.
4. Remember the phone numbers for Dad, Mum, or other family members.
5. Keep a few coins in your pocket, in case you need to use a public phone.
6. Call 999 during emergencies – this is a free call, so you don’t need coins.
1. Don’t walk alone.
2. Don’t keep quiet if someone tries to grab you or take you somewhere against your will.
3. Don’t talk to strangers or take anything from them.
4. Don’t play in deserted or quiet areas.
5. Don’t write your name on your bag or clothes. Strangers who know your name can pretend to be your friend.
6. Don’t go anywhere without informing your Dad or Mum first.
7. Don’t wander around if you’re lost because it makes it harder for Dad or Mum to find you.
Tags / Keywords:
Lifestyle, Family Community, Reuniting Families, Missing Children, Family, Parenting, School, Safety
Anifah Aman: Government will not 'rescue' child porn convict from British jail
Minister: Child porn convict 'sick', needs counselling
Dep IGP: Student in child porn case a free man after serving sentence
Rawang low-cost flats to have new JMB pro tem panels
Year Five pupil dies from suspected H1N1
Grilled meals for meat lovers
Footwear brand’s new collection features 15 fresh patterns
Bash to mark developer’s completed project
No problem hanging out with George Clooney
Passion and food go hand in hand
Najib: Not the time to ask me to resign
Audi will enhance Chinese connected-car services with Baidu
Radio frequency too low to harm
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)