Home > Lifestyle > Family > News & Events
Tuesday May 6, 2014 MYT 11:25:00 AM
Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 1:01:47 PM
Children may encounter danger when parents or guardians aren't around. But here are 13 tips to teach them about being ready for that situation.
1. Always go out in groups, with friends or siblings.
2. Shout for help loudly if you're in danger.
3. Ask for help from the nearest police station, or go to the concierge or security counter immediately, if you're lost in a shopping mall.
4. Remember the phone numbers for Dad, Mum, or other family members.
5. Keep a few coins in your pocket, in case you need to use a public phone.
6. Call 999 during emergencies – this is a free call, so you don’t need coins.
1. Don’t walk alone.
2. Don’t keep quiet if someone tries to grab you or take you somewhere against your will.
3. Don’t talk to strangers or take anything from them.
4. Don’t play in deserted or quiet areas.
5. Don’t write your name on your bag or clothes. Strangers who know your name can pretend to be your friend.
6. Don’t go anywhere without informing your Dad or Mum first.
7. Don’t wander around if you’re lost because it makes it harder for Dad or Mum to find you.
Tags / Keywords:
Lifestyle, Family & Community, Reuniting Families, Missing Children, Family, Parenting, School, Safety
Spicy flavours for the season at Palm Garden
Thank this ancient fish for giving us sex
Parisian vandals attack, deflate ‘sex toy’ sculpture
‘American Horror Story’ star Sarah Paulson reminisces her past
The close of Malaysia Fashion Week 2014 offers up some great buys for style lovers
MPH Warehouse sale on again
Goal hungry Messi targets El Clasico
Microsoft CEO Nadella: The US$80mil man
U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through five airports
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)