Home > Lifestyle > Family > News & Events
Tuesday May 6, 2014 MYT 11:25:00 AM
Thursday May 8, 2014 MYT 1:01:47 PM
Children may encounter danger when parents or guardians aren't around. But here are 13 tips to teach them about being ready for that situation.
1. Always go out in groups, with friends or siblings.
2. Shout for help loudly if you're in danger.
3. Ask for help from the nearest police station, or go to the concierge or security counter immediately, if you're lost in a shopping mall.
4. Remember the phone numbers for Dad, Mum, or other family members.
5. Keep a few coins in your pocket, in case you need to use a public phone.
6. Call 999 during emergencies – this is a free call, so you don’t need coins.
1. Don’t walk alone.
2. Don’t keep quiet if someone tries to grab you or take you somewhere against your will.
3. Don’t talk to strangers or take anything from them.
4. Don’t play in deserted or quiet areas.
5. Don’t write your name on your bag or clothes. Strangers who know your name can pretend to be your friend.
6. Don’t go anywhere without informing your Dad or Mum first.
7. Don’t wander around if you’re lost because it makes it harder for Dad or Mum to find you.
Tags / Keywords:
Lifestyle, Family Community, Reuniting Families, Missing Children, Family, Parenting, School, Safety
‘I do’ turning too soon to ‘I don’t’
Helping women to higher positions
Many senior citizens still cannot afford to retire
Council installs facilities for easy access to pedestrian bridge
Missing children portal a good initiative, says Najib
Elderly couple’s home a mini-museum of all things patriotic
Best, fresh mee udang in Penang
Glamping weekend getaway a success with participants wanting to go again
Savour four versions of this traditional dish
Samsung Pay: Leave your wallet at home
Five unusual ways to build endurance for a marathon
Kuching’s rally the only one with permit from council and the cops
Greek banks must be recapitalised before capital controls go - Eurobank chairman
Nishikori falls in first round upset at U.S. Open
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Media Group Berhad (ROC 10894D)(Formerly known as Star Publications (Malaysia) Berhad)