Home > Lifestyle > Entertainment > TV
Friday May 9, 2014 MYT 2:50:00 PM
Friday May 9, 2014 MYT 8:52:02 AM
by tim kenneally
Muscleman Terry Crews (in a scene from 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine') is the new host of 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'.
The actor, who currently stars in Brooklyn Nine-Nine, is making his way to the long-running game show.
Terry Crews has given Who Wants To Be A Millionaire his final answer – and the answer is yes.
The Brooklyn Nine-Nine star has signed on as the new host of the long-running game show for its upcoming 13th season, which will premiere in the United States this fall.
Crews replaces Cedric the Entertainer, who replaced Meredith Vieira last year and bowed out in late April because hosting duties won’t fit into his schedule with the show’s impending move to Connecticut.
“We are excited to announce that Terry Crews will be taking the reigns as our new host of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire next season,” said Janice Marinelli, president, Disney-ABC Domestic Television.
“Terry is engaging, endearing, smart, and quick on his feet – the perfect combination to lead one of the longest-running franchises in game show history.” Crews will film Millionaire during the summer and on hiatus weeks from his series Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
The actor noted that hosting “has always been a dream of mine”. “I’m beyond thrilled to be joining Who Wants To Be A Millionaire and the Disney-ABC family,” Crews said.
“Millionaire is such a beloved franchise and I can’t wait to get started as the new host. In addition to my film projects including Blended, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and now being a first time author, hosting has always been a dream of mine, and I couldn’t have asked for a greater opportunity.”
Meanwhile, Cedric said that he was leaving the game show after “much thought and some series conversations” with studio executives.
“With the many television and film projects that I have going on which shoot and promote in various parts of the country, a production based in Connecticut would make it quite difficult to manoeuvre the many moving parts on my plate,” Cedric said in a statement last month.
“So, after much thought and some serious conversations with senior executives at the studio, I decided to let Disney-ABC know that, unfortunately, I’m not able to continue on as host.” — Reuters
Tags / Keywords:
Entertainment, Terry Crews, TV, Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, Actor
Najib launches ‘Go Asean’ TV channel
Brand launches new range of Ultra High Definition television
Behind the scenes at Lee Kwang Soo’s new commercial in Malaysia
Perfecting the art of making faces: Rowan Atkinson’s Mr Bean turns 25
Check out David Letterman’s guest list before he retires
Eritrea’s climate of repression, violence and paranoia is prompting hundreds of people to flee every day
Visa-free access for 30 countries to Indonesia
Alan Rickman: ‘I almost turned down the role of the villain in Die Hard'
Next stop – Sensational Singapore
How Malaysians abroad are bridging a skills gap
10 ways to discover Cairns and the Great Barrier Reef
China foreign website malfunction drives home Internet woes
Former pro shares useful pointers at Junior NBA programme
‘Batman’ theatre gunman trial hears massacre plans
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)