Home > Lifestyle > Entertainment > Music
Thursday May 15, 2014 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Thursday May 15, 2014 MYT 6:08:56 PM
Red hot: Tickets to Taylor Swift’s concert in Kuala Lumpur were sold out in a matter of hours.
Country superstar Taylor Swift is slated
to perform in Kuala Lumpur this June.
Rarely do we see a country act sell out its show in just a matter of hours in this part of the world.
The music genre is arguably still a growing market in Malaysia, with only a handful of country artistes enjoying lasting, significant success over the years here.
But when tickets of Taylor Swift Live In Kuala Lumpur were made available on March 1, two categories of the concert were sold out in just two hours while it took probably no longer than a day before all 8,000 tickets were snapped up.
US singer Taylor Swift first burst into the country music scene at 16 with hits from her self-titled debut like Tim McGraw, Teardrops On My Guitar and Our Song.
But it was only during her sophomore release, Fearless, in 2008 that the Pennsylvania native received international attention with mega singles like Love Story and You Belong With Me.
At just the right moment, Swift crossed over from country to pop, with early signs of her transition seen in her third album Speak Now and coming to full bloom in her latest effort, Red, spawning the hits We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together and I Knew You Were Trouble.
While tickets to the concert are sold out, not all hope is lost for fans of the blonde beauty.
We can hook you up with a pair of tickets to the country singer’s show as well as exclusive Taylor Swift merchandise thanks to Lead Sponsor AIA.
We are looking for eight winners who will each take home a pair of tickets to Taylor Swift Live In KL (Category 1 valued at RM990 for two), two Taylor Swift-AIA T-shirts and two Taylor Swift-AIA fridge magnets.
To stand a chance to be one of the winners, answer the questions and slogan below and e-mail your entry (with your full name, MyKad number, address, contact number) with the subject title: "STAR2" to realmusicbyAIA@ming-kh.com.my.
Q1: When is Taylor Swift’s concert in KL held?
Q2: Who is the Lead Sponsor of this concert?
Q3: Complete the slogan: “Real Music Never Stops” with AIA because … (in not more than 10 words)
Terms and conditions:
1. This contest is open to Malaysians only.
2. This contest ends at 6pm on May 23, 2014.
3. Only one entry per person will be accepted. Subsequent multiple entries will be disqualified.
4. Name provided should be as per your Malaysian identity card.
5. The contest organiser reserves the right to disqualify entries without having to assign any reason thereof.
6. Prizes cannot be exchanged for cash.
7. All correct entries are eligible to be named winner, and shall be determined by their submitted slogans.
8. The contest organiser reserves the right to amend the contest terms and conditions without further notice.
9. Winners will be notified via e-mail, and prizes are to be collected at The AIA Red Party (at Publika, Kuala Lumpur) on May 31, 2014.
10. Decision of the judges on any matter relating to this contest shall be final and no correspondence shall be entertained.
Tags / Keywords:
Entertainment, Taylor Swift, country music, Taylor Swift Live in Kuala Lumpur, AIA
Christopher Gorham and the end of the affair
Japanese director stages Indian epic
Malls urged to double efforts to attract visitors
TV show ‘Togetherness’ weds humour and heartache
Plenty of great fun and adventure pursuits in Adelaide
Healthy living in the heart of Ampang
Samsung's smartphone primacy under threat from Apple after weak Q4
For that special celebration
Many keen on China tourists
Copyright © 1995-2015 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)