Home > Lifestyle > Entertainment > Movies
Tuesday May 6, 2014 MYT 1:25:00 PM
Tuesday May 6, 2014 MYT 1:33:33 PM
by greg gilman
The actor said he would consider doing another film in the franchise if you gave him a good story.
Universal may be moving forward with another Bourne movie starring Jeremy Renner, but there’s still hope for fans hoping Matt Damon will return to the franchise.
He’s even calling on them to come up with a story worthy of his time.
“I’ve always been open to it if Paul Greengrass is the director. We’ve just never been able to come up with a story,” Damon said in an interview with CNBC last weekend. “So if any of your viewers have a story, please call Universal and submit it.”
The fifth installment of the franchise inspired by Robert Ludlum’s book series is set to hit theatres on Aug 15, 2015. Renner, who carried the story as Aaron Cross in The Bourne Legacy, is back, and Justin Lin (Fast & Furious) is directing.
“If felt like such a good way to end it the last time,” Damon said of his third outting as the secret agent. “But having said that, I love that character and I’d love to see what happened to him.”
Greengrass, who directed last year’s Captain Phillips, was responsible for The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum. While Damon has said for years that he’s open to being Bourne again, providing his requirements are met, Greengrass’ interest appeared at an all-time low during an interview with Empire magazine last fall.
“Listen, I loved the Bourne movies,” he said. “I loved making them but it’s like anything in life, you’ve got to move on and do different things.” — Reuters
Tags / Keywords:
Entertainment, Matt Damon, Jason Bourne, Movies, Films, Jeremy Renner
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)