Home > Business > Business News
Thursday April 18, 2013 MYT 12:00:00 AM
Friday April 26, 2013 MYT 12:09:22 AM
KUALA LUMPUR: The Energy Commission has shortlisted five consortiums to take part in the tender exercise for the 2,000MW coal-fired power plant to be developed at their own sites.
The Energy Commission, had on its website on Thursday, said it had completed the evaluation of seven RFQ submissions and shortlisted five.
* 1Malaysia Development Bhd; and Mitsui & Co. Ltd. The site will be at Jimah, Negeri Sembilan ( Injection at Olak Lempit )
* Formis Resources Bhd, SIPP Energy Sdn Bhd, Posco Energy and Posco Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd. The site will be at Tanjung Tohor, Johor. (Injection at Yong Peng East)
* Tenaga Nasional Bhd, Global Power Ventures Sdn Bhd and China National Machinery Import & Export Corporation. The site will be at Tanjung Hantu-Segari, Perak (Injection at Terong, Bruas )
* Malakoff Corporation Bhd and Sumitomo Corporation and the site will be at Pulau Carey, Selangor. (Injection at Olak Lempit)
* YTL Power International Bhd and Ranhill Power Sdn Bhd and the site will be at Tanjung Tohor, Johor. (Injection at Yong Peng East).
The Energy Commission said the RFP document was expected to be released on April 23 and the invitation letters would be issued shortly.
The closing date for the bid would be Sept 30, 2013.
Tags / Keywords:
News, Business, Energy Commission 2, 000MW coal-fired power plant, Business
Copyright © 1995-2014 Star Publications (M) Bhd (Co No 10894-D)